Leveling Build Plate
• Tightening the black screw (turning them to the right) to reduce plate height.
• Loosening the black screw (turning them to the left) to increase platform height.
• The gap between the nozzle and the build plate should be about 75% of the layer thickness you set in the software.
Why Leveling Build Plate is Important?
Frequent build plate leveling can keep Mankati Fullscale XT Plus best performance. Re-leveling cannot hurt the printer but without leveling will decrease your success rate of printing.
• If the build plate is too far from the extruder nozzle, or if one part of the build plate is further from the nozzle than another part, your object might not stick to the build plate.
• If the build plate is too close to the extruder nozzle, the build plate will block the extruding of filament from the nozzle. The nozzle will scratch the build plate
• Frequent build plate leveling will help to ensure that objects always stick well to the hot bed.
Plate Leveling Guide
Twisting the four black screws tight properly to reduce the build plate height and avoid collision between nozzle and plate.
Note: Twisting screws too tight may cause the glass cracking!
Lifting the build plate to the top of the Z-axis. Go to menu "Prepare" - choose "Auto home" in the LCD, the extruder/print head will go to the original point, the build plate will go up to the top of Z-axis.
If the gap distance between nozzles and build plate is still too big ( more that 4-5mm) after “Auto home”, please adjust the limit stopper on the rear side of your machine. Loosen the 2 screws then move it upwards a few mm.
Now, you can start to adjust the four corners:
Insert a business card into the gap between the extruder and the hot bed, then move it back andforth. You should feel some friction on the card but still able to easily move the card between the gap without tearing or damaging the card.
In the same way, adjust the left 3 corners in anti-clockwise direction.
Repeat to adjust the 4 corners a little at least 3-4 times to ensure the best gap distance.