3DXTech CarbonX™ CFR Carbon Fiber Reinforced Nylon 3D Filament
CarbonX™ CFR Carbon Fiber Reinforced Nylon Filament is a semi-aromatic polyamide copolymer reinforced with high-modulus carbon fiber.
Tired of nylon that warps? This is the answer you've been looking for. Excellent dimensional stability comes from the carbon fiber and the semi-aromatic nylon.
Why is it important that CarbonX™ CFR Nylon is a semi-aromatic polyamide?
Semi-aromatic nylons have a large cyclical structure in its backbone which makes them stiffer, more chemically resistant, less moisture sensitive, and have improved dimensional stability vs. aliphatic nylons such as PA6, PA66, and PA12.
- Carbon fiber reinforced filaments are abrasive and can wear out a brass or aluminum nozzle. We recommend using hardened steel nozzles.
- Customers should test their parts to determine end-use suitability using this polymer.
- High Modulus Carbon Fiber - excellent stiffness
- Semi-Aromatic Polyamide
- Lower moisture uptake vs. PA6
- Improved chemical resistance vs. PA6
- Less shrinkage / warp vs. PA6
- Low-Gloss Surface
- Excellent Printability
- Mankati E180
Ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high modulus, improved chemical and thermal resistance, excellent surface quality, and ease of printing.